Chris Chu has had her own architectural practice in the Boston area for over 20 years. Hallmarks of her designs include:
- a seamless melding of the indoors with the outdoors.
- a harmonious blending of connected spaces that flow together.
- a talent for problem solving functionality issues to make the most of challenging existing conditions, small spaces and constrained budgets..
- an exceptional ability to listen. She focuses on the needs and desires of her clients rather than her own ego.
- elegant design solutions for real world families that maximize joy and utility of their everyday lives.
She holds a Master of Architecture from Rice University, has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics from Pomona College, and has studied at the School of Art at the Houston Museum of Fine Art. Chris has served on the faculty of the Boston Architectural Center, and is a noted speaker at the BSA/AIA. She has been chosen as the architect for This Old House’s Auburndale, Massachusetts project airing in October of 2010.